About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States

Friday, April 9, 2010

ListServ & Movie

I have completed my LISTSERV. That was about the quickest and simplest thing I can imagine. (Ok - well I am exaggerating some :o)) I like the capability for change so easily! This is something I can see myself using for the classroom. I end up with additional people in my yahoo email address book and have to update it every school year with my kids’ teacher’s email and with my courses I just keep adding to the list. So, I can see how managing the list would be much easier with a ListServ for my classes when I teach for myself and parents. I also like how you can upload files and add pages.

Here is my MOVIE! I had created a movie before using Microsoft Movie Maker. I had fun creating the movie. The part I didn't like was adding the narration. How many of us are real comfortable recording our voice and then critiquing it? I wasn’t. After adding the narration I accidently deleted the wrong file and had to start all over again with the narration. So, I think it would be very useful to be able to add narration that is already completed to the movie and still have a music file also. You can add the narration like that, but you cannot have music, too. Oh, well! I like the idea of including the movie in my teaching. I think it would be beneficial to utilize this tool as the instructor and also as a project the students could complete. I believe it would be fun for them and would really get them to learn. For instance, a teacher could have students create a movie with still pictures about the parts of a plant and have them narrate it. Another example of its' use is students could do research on an animal and it's habitat. The movie could be narrated and include text about each photo. This type of tool could be the bridge between another class and the technology class. Students could be paired and work with the technology teacher and subject area teacher and then present their movies to the whole grade or younger grades. They could also be shown to parents at an event attended by the parents to find out what their children are doing in each class. It would bring some excitement to the class. I just think it has endless possibilities!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your movie. I agree with your comment about combining class. Children need to be able to work on a computer. Anything is turning technology based.

    I think that using listserv would help you manage all your different classes. Teachers could make a different group for each class to keep all his or her classes seperated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great movie. I also liked your ideas so much that I plan to 'borrow' a couple of them. I loved the student in the picture with the white outfit and the Nike tennis shoes. I thought that was hilarious. I know it was not an important part of the movie, but I always like to see things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,

    I really enjoyed reading your reflection and sharing your idea. I do agree with you that people don't like their own voice on the campus,especially the first time when you record. However, you will feel better after a few tries. It may be a good idea to write a short script so that your narration will be clear and complete.

    ReplyDelete