About Me

My photo
Mississippi, United States

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rubric-Puzzle-Test-Website Evaluation-TrackStar

These websites made creating the RUBRIC, PUZZLE, and TEST very easy. I had used the rubric website, as well as other rubric websites, in previous courses. I think this one in particular makes a teacher's life much easier! Creating and saving rubrics can help with continuity in regards to assessment. The student knows what to expect with each assigment by looking at the rubric. The wording for the teacher and students can stay pretty consistent throughout the year and help in student understanding. The rubric literally took me less than 5 minutes to complete - that was easy! I also like the feature on the website that allows you to save your rubric. You can also search others' rubrics and use them or at least get some ideas.

The puzzle website really was not the greatest. I like that the students can do the puzzle online, but I rather one that can accommodate all the words I wanted to use and be larger. However, this gives the teacher a tool for the students to use technology and be more likely to have fun completing the puzzle online. This also eliminates the need to print the puzzle when the teacher can walk around the view the pop-up on the screen that tells the student he/she wins when they are done.

The test maker website was great! Registration was quick and easy and you could begin immediately. This would make like much easier since you can easily copy and paste your questions in the boxes. That helps just in case you lose your connection. This helps in randomizing your questions and answers – even for each class to help keep those mischievous ones from sharing the answers with the next class. The features were great also. There is the option to download to Word, which, depending on the cost, may be well worth it. That way you could keep them in your school data folders. You could also have more options, such as color, size, font, add more to the test, etc. You can create alternate versions of the test. You can change the font and font size. You are also able to copy questions from another test. How easy was that to click once and have the answer sheet also?

I completed all three of these is less than 30 minutes, so that ought to tell you that it can be a great tool for teachers. I can see myself using the rubric and test maker websites in the future. I probably would find my own website for creating puzzles though, even if that meant I just had to print them out.

Here is my TRACKSTAR. I liked working with TrackStar. This is another neat tool for students to use technology in the classroom. This is a great way to manage the website I want my students to see and gives me time to make sure with the school's IT Department that the sites will be able to be accessed by the students. It forces you to plan ahead and not just let the students find what they want.

The Website Evaluation wasn't too bad. It did make me think about whether the site would be age appropriate and would be beneficial for the students to access.

2 comments:

  1. The site are really easy to use. I really enjoyed creating everything. You did a great job on everything. I agree with you about Trackstar. It is a great tool for teachers and students. A teacher could create a site for their students. All the best sites would be available on one page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    I really enjoyed reading your reflection and sharing your learning experience. I am glad that you noticed many different functions in test maker. I appreciate what you did: try different things to learn more functions. This is how you can integrate technology into your life. If you don't try, you may miss a lot. Great job.

    ReplyDelete